MVCC - Terms of Sale
Our goal: Your total satisfaction
We feel that Mt. Vernon offers the best value for the money in the business. Look over what you have ordered, and if you don't feel that you have received exceptional value, by all means return the item(s). It is very important to us that you are pleased with your purchase. To assure your satisfaction, we are extending our return privilege to 21 days, allowing you even more time to inspect your purchase. All of our coins are shipped in PVC-free holders for the utmost protection. Should you want to exercise your return privilege, all we ask is that the coins(s) remain in their original unopened holder as received from us, for your protection as well as ours.
Our tremendous customer base is primarily composed of collectors who love collecting coins. We love coins too, and are always pleased to find an especially desirable and attractive issue at an excellent price. We use recognized commercial grading standards that put the greatest emphasis on attractiveness and "eye appeal", two factors that our customers constantly tell us are most important to them.
We offer beautiful coins that are desirable to own. Our coins are an excellent VALUE, and we expend great time and effort in locating quality material that we feel you will like. We especially enjoy selling historically significant, collectible coins.
- All orders are normally shipped within 5 days from when your order was received.
- Credit cards, personal checks, money orders and PayPal are accepted on all orders.
- Mail order and website orders have a 21-day money back return period from the day you receive your order (excluding postage costs). Store purchases have a 3-day store credit return policy only. If you decide not to keep your purchase, we ask that you return it as quickly as possible as others may be waiting for a chance to buy the coin that you received. Any coin(s) removed from its original holder, by you or another party, is not returnable for any reason. We make no claim as to how another party might grade a coin we offer. Grading is quite subjective, and that is why we use adjectival grades to describe a coin. This will help you envision the "look" of the coin. If you only collect certified coins, then we recommend that you limit your purchases solely to coins that have already been certified, given the uncertainty of the process.
- Our shipping and postage schedule:
Order Total - Shipping Fee
Orders up to $99 - $7.95
$100 and up - FREE
- We currently are not shipping outside the United States.
- All coins are shipped insured or registered U.S. mail.
- All coins are guaranteed genuine. We know coins very well, and that assures you will NEVER need to be concerned about the authenticity of any coin we offer.
- Maryland residents must add 6% sales tax to coin or currency orders under $1,000. No sales tax is required on coin purchases totally $1,000 or more.
- Bullion prices fluctuate frequently, and therefore any printed prices are indications only. To find the up-to-the-minute pricing, visit our website.
- Sellouts may occur; we welcome second choices and want lists, and will actively try to fill them.
- We use adjectival descriptions for most of our coins rather than “numbers”, as numbers imply a scientific preciseness that simply does not exist. Grading standards are known to change over time with collector interest and market fluctuation. If you only collect “certified” coins, then we recommend that you purchase coins which have already been certified. We are pleased to offer an attractive selection of certified or "third party graded" coins on our website.
- We are not responsible for typographical errors and apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you.
- Prices are subject to change without notice, but we maintain our prices as long as possible.
- Layaways are available on order of $200 or more. 25% is due with the initial placement of the order, and 25% is due each month for the next 3 months. The 21-day return privilege still applies.